Skillet.com Forums
July 29, 2014, 11:58:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: RISE up and buy Skillet's latest album.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Mainstream Tour?  (Read 5775 times)
4given4ever
Psycho Member

...I wanna swim and drown, in the wake of YOU...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »

I just skipped on Papa Roach...didn't have much of a choice for the others Tongue Their music was alright, but that's it

- Ruthie

Ruthie is 98.5% stubborn. Statistics courtesy of The Kitchen Utensils and Shelled Legumes Audio Relations Board.
TrainOfThought
Monster Member

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2011, 12:21:26 PM »

The Avalanche tour was weird for me.....the only 3 bands I liked were the first 3 to play Tongue

You fall to your knees....come let the healing begin!
Dark Whispers
Psycho Member

When Darkness comes you know im never far.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2011, 01:29:37 PM »

I don't appreciate it....or cursing for that matter. It's not like a nice monet. But I don't mind it, sort of like the cheap, DaVinci forgery.

That's an interesting way to put it Smiley Personally I don't hold unbelievers to my own standards, 1) because without Christ there is no reason to follow those standards and 2) without Christ it is impossible to live up to those standards.

As far as immersing yourself in a culture that can't understand your beliefs, it all comes down to your own spiritual maturity and the maturity of those watching you.

- Will
nickthepanhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »

I don't appreciate it....or cursing for that matter. It's not like a nice monet. But I don't mind it, sort of like the cheap, DaVinci forgery.

That's an interesting way to put it Smiley Personally I don't hold unbelievers to my own standards, 1) because without Christ there is no reason to follow those standards and 2) without Christ it is impossible to live up to those standards.

As far as immersing yourself in a culture that can't understand your beliefs, it all comes down to your own spiritual maturity and the maturity of those watching you.

This is the most succinctly correct statement on the Skillet faith issue that I have ever heard.
david112
Monster Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 02:50:51 AM »

This is the most succinctly correct statement on the Skillet faith issue that I have ever heard.

This. I just can't understand why everyone gets so upset about Skillet and mainstream bands. Surely you've all been exposed to everything negative that would be at a mainstream rock concert anyway, (not that I advocate those things) use it as a chance to connect with non christians and share with them, if nothing else.

Panhead Awards 2010 - Best Avatar

Panhead Awards 2010 - Most Hours Traveled to a Skillet Show
CMike
Freakshow Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:19 PM »

Surely you've all been exposed to everything negative that would be at a mainstream rock concert anyway

That is certainly not the case with everybody, I'm sure many people here haven't had much if any exposure to some of the things that you would find at some mainstream shows.

Skillet_Savior

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2011, 12:50:35 AM »

I'm not sure what John and Chris Daughtry are talking about at the end of this video, but hopefully it's about a future tour together! (or at least about the top 40 singles that John is writing for Skillet's next record).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPgqAMZfyW4

"This is the last night you'll spend alone, I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go, I'm everything you need me to be... I won't let you say goodbye and I'll be your reason why... The last night away from me!"

"I will not ever be ashamed of Jesus... I will not be afraid. I will not be ashamed. This is my life. I am not dead and I am not asleep. I am AWAKE and I am ALIVE!" -John Cooper

"We are living in a messed up world right now. It is a world that is full of fear, and full of violence. And we are looking for hope, we are looking for a Savior, we need a HERO!!!"
Pugzilla
Comatose Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2011, 10:59:03 AM »

I'm not sure what John and Chris Daughtry are talking about at the end of this video, but hopefully it's about a future tour together! (or at least about the top 40 singles that John is writing for Skillet's next record).

I watched that video because of what you said and the whole Daughtry thing is nothing, you just see him and hear him laugh, I'm bummed now! Tongue Thanks.
CMike
Freakshow Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 01:57:36 PM »

While I doubt they are talking about that, Daughtry would actually be a good band for Skillet to tour with.

Skillet_Savior

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »

Yeah I doubt that's what they were talking about, but I would love to see them tour together! (but I think Skillet needs one or two top 40 singles before that happens). I saw Daughtry live last summer- he puts on an awesome show and their music is heavier/harder when they play it live. I think Skillet and Daughtry would be a great match for a tour.

"This is the last night you'll spend alone, I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go, I'm everything you need me to be... I won't let you say goodbye and I'll be your reason why... The last night away from me!"

"I will not ever be ashamed of Jesus... I will not be afraid. I will not be ashamed. This is my life. I am not dead and I am not asleep. I am AWAKE and I am ALIVE!" -John Cooper

"We are living in a messed up world right now. It is a world that is full of fear, and full of violence. And we are looking for hope, we are looking for a Savior, we need a HERO!!!"
CMike
Freakshow Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 04:07:02 PM »

Yeah I doubt that's what they were talking about, but I would love to see them tour together! (but I think Skillet needs one or two top 40 singles before that happens). I saw Daughtry live last summer- he puts on an awesome show and their music is heavier/harder when they play it live. I think Skillet and Daughtry would be a great match for a tour.

I think Skillet could tour with Daughtry in anticipation of having top 40 singles, sort of like how they toured with bands like Three Days Grace before really making a dent in active rock radio. But yeah, I think that Daughtry would be an awesome band for Skillet to tour with.

Energy
Administrator
Psycho Member

As Hope & Change Burns, We RISE from the Ashes!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »

I think Skillet could tour with Daughtry in anticipation of having top 40 singles, sort of like how they toured with bands like Three Days Grace before really making a dent in active rock radio. But yeah, I think that Daughtry would be an awesome band for Skillet to tour with.

Much better than touring with Nickelback! Man, am I glad Doggy turned that down *whew*.

- Ethan
2010 Hardest Rocking Panhead Most Dedicated Panhead
2009 Hardest Rocking Panhead Most Helpful Panhead
Skillet_Savior

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 05:15:12 PM »

I would be completely in favor of Skillet touring with Nickelback. I'm not a very big Nickelback fan, but you can't dispute the success they've had in multiple arenas (rock radio, top 40, etc.) and they draw huge crowds for their shows. A lot of people would be exposed to Skillet for the first time, which is pretty much the point of touring right?

CMike
Freakshow Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 09:10:20 PM »

Much better than touring with Nickelback! Man, am I glad Doggy turned that down *whew*.

Ugh, they really asked to tour with Skillet?

david112
Monster Member

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2011, 05:52:23 AM »

I would be completely in favor of Skillet touring with Nickelback. I'm not a very big Nickelback fan, but you can't dispute the success they've had in multiple arenas (rock radio, top 40, etc.) and they draw huge crowds for their shows. A lot of people would be exposed to Skillet for the first time, which is pretty much the point of touring right?

This.

Panhead Awards 2010 - Best Avatar

Panhead Awards 2010 - Most Hours Traveled to a Skillet Show
Energy
Administrator
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »

Ugh, they really asked to tour with Skillet?

It was a choice by management among several options, but Skillet wanted to tour with TobyMac instead. In a later interview (perhaps unrelated though), John mentioned objecting to the lyrics to "Something in Your Mouth".

- Ethan
Energy
Administrator
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »

True, but IMO it be destructive to the Skillet brand in the long run. As weird as it is, having not sold-out to Nickelback-like fame keeps Skillet a Best Kept Secret and something cool to discover.

- Ethan
TrainOfThought
Monster Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »

Instead, they have albums with the same format as Nickelback, minus the success. Roll Eyes

You fall to your knees....come let the healing begin!
CMike
Freakshow Member

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »

It was a choice by management among several options, but Skillet wanted to tour with TobyMac instead. In a later interview (perhaps unrelated though), John mentioned objecting to the lyrics to "Something in Your Mouth".

That makes sense. I can't stand that song, it's so dumb. Tongue

Instead, they have albums with the same format as Nickelback, minus the success. Roll Eyes

And minus the suck. Tongue

Dark Whispers
Psycho Member

When Darkness comes you know im never far.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »

And minus the suck. Tongue

For the most part Wink

- Will
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: