Skillet.com Forums
July 30, 2014, 06:05:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Not Gonna Die, new music video, check it out.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skillet's looping program? And how does it sync with click track?  (Read 1149 times)
AdamBomb
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:10 AM »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows what program Korey uses to control the loops? And are each of the loops laid out for the entire track duration, to where she can just hit play and forget about it for the rest of the song, or does she hit play on each one as it comes to that part in the song? Also, how is she able to sync it with Jen's click track? Do they all have a click track in their in-ear monitors? I know that's a ton of questions, but I'd love to start using supporting loops like they do, but I know practically nothing about it. Any info would be much appreciated! Smiley
Energy
Administrator
Psycho Member

As Hope & Change Burns, We RISE from the Ashes!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows what program Korey uses to control the loops? And are each of the loops laid out for the entire track duration, to where she can just hit play and forget about it for the rest of the song, or does she hit play on each one as it comes to that part in the song? Also, how is she able to sync it with Jen's click track? Do they all have a click track in their in-ear monitors? I know that's a ton of questions, but I'd love to start using supporting loops like they do, but I know practically nothing about it. Any info would be much appreciated! Smiley

Hi Adam! Good questions...I think Korey's Korg keyboard supports a lot of these things, & Skillet has been using loops for a long time.

As for the clicks...Jen would need the click to keep the beat, but everyone else could follow to the beat of her drum. My guess is that the loops are laid out for the track duration, based on what I've seen during their warm-ups.

- Ethan
2010 Hardest Rocking Panhead Most Dedicated Panhead
2009 Hardest Rocking Panhead Most Helpful Panhead
Jonathan Edwards
Global Moderator

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »

Each member of the band has a metronome built into their earpieces.
Given that Korey runs the synths and loops through her mac, it would seem most likely that she just starts the track at the beginning of the song, and it plays through the entire song.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: