Skillet.com Forums
September 02, 2014, 01:39:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: RISE up and buy Skillet's latest album.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Jam Tour 2012  (Read 12435 times)
WanderingStar
Monster Member

Live for Love

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2012, 11:39:03 PM »

I just now dropped in to check the setlist for this tour. I'm actually pretty pleased with its length, considering it's WinterJam, and I think they chose a really solid mix for the Christian market. Especially because Skillet is going to push the limits of what a lot of the audience is used to (note the list of headliners from recent years).

I'm catching this tour probably twice-- Nashville and Dallas. I thought about seeing it a third time, but it conflicted with another show I need to make that night. The fun thing about a tour like this is the production budget is massive. It promises to be fun Smiley

"I know now, Lord, why you utter no answer. You are yourself the answer. Before your face questions die away. What other answer would suffice?" - Till We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis
PanRawker

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »

I just now dropped in to check the setlist for this tour. I'm actually pretty pleased with its length, considering it's WinterJam, and I think they chose a really solid mix for the Christian market. Especially because Skillet is going to push the limits of what a lot of the audience is used to (note the list of headliners from recent years).

I'm catching this tour probably twice-- Nashville and Dallas. I thought about seeing it a third time, but it conflicted with another show I need to make that night. The fun thing about a tour like this is the production budget is massive. It promises to be fun Smiley

Two things.... I find it interesting that you post right after me after I change my sig to the pic you made and let me use a while back and I was also planning on making it to the Nashville show, but it conflicted with another show. So I'm only going to the Evansville show

-Yonas

Made by Wanderingstar of the Disciple Boards

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

"Fix me, Jesus fix me..." ~Fix Me, Emery

"WHEN I AM GOD, THIS CHURCH IS UNSOUND!" ~Vices Like Vipers, Oh Sleeper

"Boy oh boy, the price of Freedom is steep..." ~Zack Fair

"I don't have time to learn new things on the web 'cause I'm busy serving society by rockin people's faces off..." ~John L. Cooper

"They were like Doggie, rock some more and I was like, I am a peanut and I will" John L. Cooper

"If you gotta chip your tooth anywhere, I think it should be in Austrailia because these people rock over here" John L. Cooper
weizapasan
Alive Member

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »

Ethan, the NOJ lineup was already announced and skillet isnt on it RTU is our only hope lets cross our fingers until end of feb/beging of march....
Energy
Administrator
Psycho Member

As Hope & Change Burns, We RISE from the Ashes!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

Ethan, the NOJ lineup was already announced and skillet isnt on it RTU is our only hope lets cross our fingers until end of feb/beging of march....

Even with the album writing going on this is summer, I don't see Skillet missing a September date at either NOJ or (in this case) RTU.

- Ethan
2010 Hardest Rocking Panhead Most Dedicated Panhead
2009 Hardest Rocking Panhead Most Helpful Panhead
4given4ever
Psycho Member

...I wanna swim and drown, in the wake of YOU...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »

The fall tour may just be the greatest Skillet history has ever known Grin Except for the Collide tour, of course...

- Ruthie

Ruthie is 98.5% stubborn. Statistics courtesy of The Kitchen Utensils and Shelled Legumes Audio Relations Board.
Energy
Administrator
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »

The fall tour may just be the greatest Skillet history has ever known Grin Except for the Collide tour, of course...

I disagree, only in the sense that each osuccessive Skillet tour seems to become better than the next. As proud of the Collide Tour as I am, having songs like Rebirthing and Whispers and Comatose have only improved the show.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:33:55 PM by Energy » Logged

- Ethan
4given4ever
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »

True, but as the production just keeps getting better and better...they will be able to rawk whatever songs they produce. I don't know, just excited ;P

- Ruthie

Ruthie is 98.5% stubborn. Statistics courtesy of The Kitchen Utensils and Shelled Legumes Audio Relations Board.
Energy
Administrator
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2012, 10:35:31 PM »

True, but as the production just keeps getting better and better...they will be able to rawk whatever songs they produce. I don't know, just excited ;P

Just talking about Skillet shows though, shows in 2006 were entirely different from shows in 2007...basically in a good way.

- Ethan
Fallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »

So I'm going to Winter Jam on Saturday and am wondering how early I should get there. I'm not a part of Jam Nation (out of my price range right now), so I'm wondering when I should get there to ensure that I get into a great spot. I only really care about Skillet playing (will people leave by then or should I not count on this). With enough music and movies on my phone, I'd be willing to sit out almost all day. Doors open at 5:00. Also, is anyone else going to this show? None of my friends wanna go, and I'd have more fun hanging out with other panheads.

Romans 3:23 | Ephesians 2:8

"I'm a rockographer." - John Cooper after I said I was a videographer more than a photographer

www.meganwiemer.com
http://www.vimeo.com/meganwiemer
http://twitter.com/MeganWiemer

Boiler Up! Hammer Down!

“As a human being we can never accept or receive any sort of message from a divine being until we know who we are as a person.”
4given4ever
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »

I'd go with you in a heartbeat! However, I can't...ya know, gotta build up those arm muscles and abs with snow shoveling and such Cool

- Ruthie

Fallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2012, 09:24:03 PM »

Ya you're lucky to have snow. It's just cold here and no snow. Had 1.5in last week and of course the DOT didn't pretreat the roads so there were 150 accidents. I'd give anything to have enough snow to go snowboarding soon.

But thanks for the offer to go w/ me. Who knows. Maybe I'll meet some interesting people there.

"I'm a rockographer." - John Cooper after I said I was a videographer more than a photographer

www.meganwiemer.com

Boiler Up! Hammer Down!

“As a human being we can never accept or receive any sort of message from a divine being until we know who we are as a person.”
4given4ever
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »

Okay you want this ?? This is completely in the last day...been snowing nonstop since yesterday morning. You don't get my incredibly handsome dog tho!

I wouldn't count on people leaving for Skillet, haha...like on WinterJam West Coast, everyone at the front only cared about Newsboys, the last show of the night :/ People in the lines are fun Grin

- Ruthie

Fallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »

Guess I better fill up my phone and charge my iPod.

And yes, I'd take that snow.

Revision: I got paid today so went ahead and splurged for Jam Nation.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:43:03 PM by Fallen » Logged

www.meganwiemer.com

Boiler Up! Hammer Down!

godisnowhere
Psycho Member

You will find life when you give your life away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »

Yeah, Jam Nation is the only way to get good seats. Otherwise you'd have to freeze yourself to death to get good seats.

-Caleb

Panhead Awards 2009 - Best Username
Panhead Awards 2010 - Funniest Panhead
Panhead Awards 2010 - Most Helpful Panhead
Panhead Awards 2010 - Most Active Panhead

‎"There are songs I'll never write, because of you walking out of my life. There are words that don't belong. Because of you I'll never write another love song." -Anberlin
4given4ever
Psycho Member

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »

Whatever!!! You just need the right amount of dedication!!

- Ruthie

weizapasan
Alive Member

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »

this was Orlando FL so of course I diddnt freeze haha but I got there 1 hour and 1/2 before doors opened (4:45) and got seats on the floor on about the half way mark on the cat walk
weizapasan
Alive Member

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

oh shoot you are probably there right now and diddnt have a chance to read the previous post
Fallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2012, 01:29:03 AM »

I got front row right at the corner of the stage and catwalk on Korey's side. Pics to come later. Show was amazing. Glad I went despite none of my friends or family joining me. Chu kept getting in the way of some of my pics of other bands (he was taking pics too), so I took a quick shot of him taking pics of others just because. Waited almost 2hrs outside for the band to come outside, but almost everyone already had. Seth was the last one(from what we were told at least), so I got a pic w/ him and he signed my sticker. Good show, and now I'm finally gonna get something to eat.

www.meganwiemer.com

Boiler Up! Hammer Down!

weizapasan
Alive Member

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »

oh wow thats awesome its funny Chu was taking pics too I waited 1 hour 30 in 80 degree Florida weather and ate college campus style sushi and got the 5th row on Korey's side right under the stack
Fallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »

Ya there were people there that I met who had been waiting since midnight. They were first in line for gen admission. Ended up in the 5th row on Korey's side because the group that came in during platinum had backstage passes. Went through all 700+ pics I took(almost all bands) and deleted the blurred or really stupid ones. I'll edit the Skillet ones first and put them up then link you guys to them.

www.meganwiemer.com

Boiler Up! Hammer Down!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: